How are bondholders affected by the restructuring plan?

All of Abengoa’s bonds are part of the debt subject to the restructuring agreement and that stipulates new conditions for current bondholders.

The standard restructuring terms for the preexisting debt involves a debt reduction of 97% of its nominal value, all the while keeping the remaining 3% with a ten-year maturity with no annual coupon or option for capitalization.

Nevertheless, as a bondholder, you have the option to choose the alternative terms:

  • 30% of the nominal value would convert into a bond or loan that ranked as senior or junior depending on whether or not bondholders participate in the new money facilities.
  • The option to capitalize the remaining 70% of the nominal value of outstanding debt in exchange for 40% of capital of the new Abengoa that would be distributed among existing financial creditors.

And just what exactly do I have to do now?

If you are a bondholder, you should choose either the standard or the alternative debt restructuring terms.

Please note. If the alternative terms are chosen, you will be required to decide if you wish to capitalize your outstanding debt, and in addition, if you wish to participate in the new liquidity facilities.

Remember that if you fail to adhere to the agreement, then the standard terms will be applied if the restructuring plan is approved by 75% of the creditors and homologated in court.

Abengoa has engaged the services of Lucid Issuer in order to provide bondholders with assistance during the process.

Steps to take:

1. The bondholder should contact their custodian, the financial entity where their bonds are deposited, in order for them to be provided with assistance in the process.

2. The bondholder, by means of their custodian, should request the necessary documentation from the clearing and settlement systems, or contact Lucid directly at the following address:

3. The bondholder, by means of their custodian, should send the voting instruction to the clearing systems.

Under no circumstances will it be possible to register votes by any other mechanism or means different to the one described above.

The cooperation of the financial entities in this process is essential, otherwise, bondholders will not be able to exercise their rights.

For a more detailed explanation of the voting process, please consult ‘FAQs’ that can be found here.

And if more information is needed?

Write to us at this email address:

© 2019 Abengoa. All rights reserved